The Honorable Michael Balboni
Chairman, Infrastructure Protection and Cyber Security Committee, New York Power Authority and President and Managing Director, Redland Strategies Inc.; and Former New York Senator & State Deputy Secretary for Public Safety, United States
Hon. Michael A.L. Balboni is the President and Managing Director
of RedLand Strategies. Before entering the private sector, Balboni
served the public in New York State for 19 years, beginning with
his election to the New York State Assembly in February of 1990.
He was re-elected to the New York State Assembly four times,
before winning a seat in the New York State Senate in 1997
which he held until 2007. In 2007, Mr. Balboni became the
Homeland Security Advisor and Deputy Security of Public Safety
within the Governor’s office.
Balboni is a member of the Board of Directors for the Center for
Cyber and Homeland Security (CCHS) at George Washington
University and a Trustee for the New York State Trooper
Memorial Foundation. He was recently appointed by NYS
Governor Andrew Cuomo and confirmed by the NYS Senate to the New York Power Authority’s Board of Trustees and Chairs the Cyber and Physical Security Committee. Balboni is also the Executive Director of the Greater New York Health Care Facilities
Association and is a member of Rivkin Radler’s Corporate and Health Services Practice Groups.
In addition to his New York State government service as an elected official, Balboni has held several leadership positions, including:
• Chairman of the Committee on Veterans, Homeland Security, and Military Affairs, the first-ever appointed in New York State
• Deputy Secretary for Public Safety and Homeland Security Advisor for New York State, overseeing13 state agencies employing 63,000 people with a $5 billion budget
• Governor’s representative to the “Securing the Cities” program.
• Nuclear Notification Officer for the Governor’s office
• Security Chair for the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation
• Advisor to the Homeland Security Transition team for President Barack Obama
• Member of NYS Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Homeland Security and Public Safety Transition team
• Member of NYS Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Savings and Government Efficiency (SAGE) Commission
• Member, New York State Responds Commission, following Superstorm Sandy
Balboni completed his undergraduate studies at Adelphi University and earned his Juris Doctorate degree at St. John’s Law School. Balboni appears on Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC and is often invited to speak at national and international conferences. He recently presented at the BCI World Conference in London and
the NCT Europe Conference in Germany. His speaking engagement topics include terrorism, cyber security, crisis communications, politics, technology, intelligence sharing, immigration, media strategy, brand protection, and emergency response.
Subscribe to get news, events and publications from ICT
©2023 by NWS. Proudly created with wix.com